Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Jesus Storybook Bible // Happy Easter



This is hands-down the best children's bible out there and I buy it for nearly everyone having a new baby. Sally Lloyd-Jones has a beautiful way of words, and the subtitle every story whispers His name is an accurate description. The stories are beautifully illustrated by Jago. I will admit that at first I was a little off-put by the illustrations. They are so different, but the more I read the stories, the more I appreciate how different they are, and I've grown to love them, and can't picture any other illustrator working on such a precious project.

As we celebrate Easter this weekend, let us not forget the reason for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday - Jesus Christ, who defeated Satan with his death and resurrection on the cross to save us from our sins and rectify us in the midst of a holy and just God. 

For a taste of how meaningful this little bible can be in words and pictures, please listen and watch to the story called "God's Wonderful Surprise", that shares the Easter story.

 He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment